Tuesday 25 March 2014

You-Tube is my Friend!

Now I have spent the last 4 hours going over my Draft plans, then comparing things to my consolidated tender. Like Tiled areas, Carpet areas, driveway length and how much of the bag and paint was allocated to the plan's itself.

Firstly when I looked at the plans I thought OoOOo pritty. But I wanted to understand the Square metres per room, and how to read them.

The biggest thing I was looking for was the actual floor space in SQM for all our floor coverings. In reading the interwebs, it's crucial to allow a 10% buffer on this for cut off's etc.

My main mission in all this, is to save money, get quoted accurately and allocate the additional money to other items in my budget that i would love to have. So far I have uncovered a few Questions that need to be raised in my Colour meeting, more around how my consolidated tender was built and how they calculated the SQM, and a better understanding of the prices given to me in the quote.

This has come about from including the Tiles, Carpets, Bag and paint and driveway into the quote before getting the draft plans. Now that I have them, the magnifying glass is out!

Most probably nothing Sinister in this, however I tend to be a details type person, and love breaking down things to see how they work or add up. And let's be honest, being a first time Home owner and never built before, I want this shiznit EXACT!

 If anything, I can pull everything out of the tender I'm not happy with, and add them back in hey!.

1 comment:

  1. Try Sweethome3D for your SQM

    http://www.sweethome3d.com/userGuide.jsp

    Good luck with your build :)

    ReplyDelete