Friday 4 April 2014

Final Tender!

Today we received the Final Tender to Evaluate after all the inclusions were added from the Colour Meeting's.

My budgeting came in very close so I was happy with my calculations thus far. The only thing that didn't appear on the Final Tender was the $5000 deposit as a deduction, I nearly imploded when I didn't see this as a line item.

Again this comes down to not being explained the process correctly, and for me this is soooo important as I am using that deduction to budget for my Electrical variation to be added to the Contract.

After a few emails I got the following answer.....

Jeff …. The $5000 comes off the total price . It will show as an amount already paid on the contract when it is prepared for you

It isn’t shown as a deduction on your tender …. Your tender shows the full price of which you have paid $5000 towards already

Hope this makes sense
So with the above feedback, when the contract is presented to me, I am praying my Contract Value is actually 5k less than the Final tender that was presented to me, because that 5k is going to pay for my Electrical, and that's what i have budgeted for since the beginning of this process.

I can't help worry that the 5k has been inbuilt into all the Tender Quotes, and when the contract is presented to hand to the bank, the price doesn't change and is over what I expected.

So my example below

  • Final Tender Grand Total = $300,000 (Got this Today)
  • Contract Grand Total =  $300,000 showing a $5,000 Reduction due to deposit paid.
  • Contract Balance Owing = $295,000 (This is what the bank lends)
It's the balance owing figure I am concentrating on, cause that's what the loan is being Judged against.
Now I could be a total idiot, and complicating the whole process by doing my own head in for no reason at all, But when thing's are not explained properly, and you have to ask and ask again to clarify this process, you start to doubt the information you get, and Question Everything.

This will all come to a head when that contract is handed over to me to review, and I must admit. If that $5,000 doesn't show as a reduction and deduction on the Contract, I think i may just loose my sh*t!



Because from the very first Quote before you pay the 5k, it doesn't appear anywhere, then the next Quote again doesn't show this either (but you then pay the 5k). And for when the Final Tender comes across and it's still not there (and at this stage no one has given a straight answer) You really start to wonder how that 5k can be paid, but never come off the total value.

I might be going slightly nut's, but give me a straight answer and this shiznit wouldn't be such a problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment